On Monday 15 May 2006 21:46, Jason Lunz wrote:
> On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 03:12:50PM -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> > When those bits get set in the register, is the radio already disabled?
> > ie, for the bcm43xx chip, is it really force-disabled by the button, or
> > does the driver have some control?
>
> I assume it disables the radio without any help from the driver, because
> it definitely turns off my radio, but the bcm43xx driver i'm using (in
> 2.6.17-rc4) currently doesn't pay any attention to those registers
> afaik.

Correct, my laptop with an integrated BCM43xx chip works this was as well.
I can use the button to enable and disable the device (led is switching on and
off)
without a bcm43xx driver installed. Hardware detection just picks it up when
I enable the device with the button as new device. So the hardware button works
directly with the hardware.