>> While this might work, I personally dislike it as I find it
>> counter-intuitive when going over the code -
>> I don't expect driver to locally modify the inclusion path.
>> Besides, we're going to [eventually] a whole suite of drivers based
>> on the qed module, some of which would reside under drivers/scsi;
>> Not sure it's best to have 3 or 4 different drivers privately include the
>> same directory under a different subsystem.

> I agree with you that orcdma's way can be valuable for small drivers.

> Orcmda has small shared headers set and doesn't need to change them rapidly
> to support different devices.

> I thought to place them in similar directory to include/soc/* and remove
> from include/linux/. We have include/rdma/ and it looks like a good
> candidate.

I'm perfectly fine with relocating those to a different directory under
include/,
although using 'rdma' doesn't sound like a good fit [as the headers would be
included by ethernet, scsi and rdma drivers].
Are there good existing alternatives?

Regardless, I don't believe this should be part of the initial submission,
as it would involve in relocating existing networking headers as well.
I think we can move those at leisure later on.

[We're in the middle of transitioning our e-mails from qlogic -> cavium,
so sorry if things become corrupted]