On 9/23/16 6:00 AM, Jesper Dangaard Brouer wrote:
To support Tom's case, with eBPF, I think we would have to implement
specific eBPF helper functions that can do the ILA table lookups.  And
then need a userspace component to load the eBPF program.  Why add all
this, when we could contain all this in the kernel, and simply call
this as native C-code via the XDP hook?

well, ILA router was written in BPF already :) Once for tc+clsact
and once for XDP. In both cases no extra bpf helpers were needed.
Due to this use case we added an optimization to be able to do
a map lookup with packet data directly (instead of copying packet
bytes to stack and pointing map_lookup helper to stack).
Looks like those ila router patches never made it to the list.
I'll dig them out and forward.