Fix skge driver that declared enum contants that conflicted with enum
constants in linux/leds.h
Create function that encapsulates actions taken during the adjust phy link step
of phy state changes.
Create function that provides list of speeds currently supported by the phy.
Add support for led triggers on phy link state changes by adding
a config option. When set the config option will create a set of led triggers
for each phy device. Users can use the led triggers to represent link state
changes on the phy.
* New patch that creates phy_adjust_link function to encapsulate actions taken
when adjusting phy link during phy state changes
* led trigger speed strings changed to match existing phy speed strings
* New function that maps speeds to led triggers
* Replace magic constants with definitions when declaring trigger name
buffer and number of triggers.
* Changed LED_ON to LED_REG_ON in skge driver to avoid possible future
conflict and improve consistency.
* Dropped rtl8712 patch that was accepted separately.
* tweaked commit message
* Changed commit message to explain relationship between the new triggers and
leds driven by phys.
* Added new patch that creates phy_supported_speeds function.
* Moved phy_leds_triggers_register and phy_leds_triggers_unregister to
phy_attach and phy_detach respectively. This change is so the
phydev->supported field will be filled by the time the triggers are
* Changed hardcoded list of triggers to dynamic list determined by speeds
return by phy_supported_speeds.
Zach Brown (4):
skge: Rename LED_OFF and LED_ON in marvel skge driver to avoid
conflicts with leds namespace
net: phy: Encapsulate actions performed during link state changes into
net: phy: Create phy_supported_speeds function which lists speeds
currently supported by a phydevice
net: phy: leds: add support for led triggers on phy link state change
drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/skge.c | 6 +-
drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/skge.h | 4 +-
drivers/net/phy/Kconfig | 13 ++++
drivers/net/phy/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/net/phy/phy.c | 57 ++++++++++++---
drivers/net/phy/phy_device.c | 5 ++
drivers/net/phy/phy_led_triggers.c | 136 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
include/linux/phy.h | 22 ++++++
include/linux/phy_led_triggers.h | 51 ++++++++++++++
9 files changed, 282 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 drivers/net/phy/phy_led_triggers.c
create mode 100644 include/linux/phy_led_triggers.h