Zefir Kurtisi wrote:
In a device where the ar8031 operates in SGMII mode, we
observed that after a suspend-resume cycle in very rare
cases the copper side autonegotiation secceeds but the
SGMII side fails to come up.

As a work-around, a patch was provided that on suspend and
resume powers the SGMII link down and up along with the
copper side. This fixed the observed failure, but
introduced a regression Timur Tabi observed: once the SGMII
is powered down, the PHY is inaccessible by the CPU and
with that e.g. can't be re-initialized after suspend.

Since the original issue could not be reproduced by others,
this series provides an alternative handling:
* the first patch reverts the prvious fix that powers down
   SGMII
* the second patch adds double-checking for the observed
   failure condition

Zefir Kurtisi (2):
   Revert "at803x: fix suspend/resume for SGMII link"
   at803x: double check SGMII side autoneg

Tested-by: Timur Tabi <ti...@codeaurora.org>

With these patches, the problem I was seeing no longer occurs, and the new code does not appear to break anything. As before, I still have never seen the original problem, but this patchset seems to work for both of us.

--
Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies, Inc. as an affiliate of Qualcomm
Technologies, Inc.  Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. is a member of the