On Sat,  5 Nov 2016 11:45:54 -0700, Pravin B Shelar wrote:
> Move route sanity check to respective vxlan[4/6]_get_route functions.
> This allows us to perform all sanity checks before caching the dst so
> that we can avoid these checks on subsequent packets.
> This give move accurate metadata information for packet from
> fill_metadata_dst().

The description is misleading, it applies only to one vxlan lwt use case
(openvswitch). For other use cases, the patch has no effect.

I found the current handling of route lookup results irritating, too.
The reason I did not change this while doing vxlan cleanup some time
ago was that I assumed we should not increase dev stats from
vxlan_fill_metadata_dst. Isn't that so?

 Jiri