The Armada 37xx is a new ARMv8 SoC from Marvell using same network
controller as the older Armada 370/38x/XP SoCs. This series adapts the
driver in order to be able to use it on this new SoC. The main changes
- 64-bits support: the first patches allow using the driver on a 64-bit
- MBUS support: the mbus configuration is different on Armada 37xx
from the older SoCs.
- per cpu interrupt: Armada 37xx do not support per cpu interrupt for
the NETA IP, the non-per-CPU behavior was added back.
The first patch is an optimization in the rx path in swbm mode.
The second patch remove unnecessary allocation for HWBM.
The first item is solved by patches 4 and 5.
The 2 last items are solved by patch 6.
In patch 7 the dt support is added.
Beside Armada 37xx, this series have been again tested on Armada XP
and Armada 38x (with Hardware Buffer Management and with Software
This is the 6th version of the series:
- 1st version:
- 2nd version:
- 3rd version:
- 4th version:
- 5th version:
v5 -> v6:
- Added Tested-by from Marcin Wojtas on the series
- Added Reviewed-by from Jisheng Zhang on patch 3
- Fix eth1 phy mode for Armada 3720 DB board on patch 7
v4 -> v5:
- remove unnecessary cast in patch 3
v3 -> v4:
- Adding new patch: "net: mvneta: do not allocate buffer in rxq init
- Simplify the HWBM case in patch 3 as suggested by Marcin
v2 -> v3:
- Adding patch 1 "Optimize rx path for small frame"
- Fix the kbuild error by moving the "phys_addr += pp->rx_offset_correction;"
line from patch 2 to patch 3 where rx_offset_correction is introduced.
- Move the memory allocation of the buf_virt_addr of the rxq to be
called by the probe function in order to avoid a memory leak.
Gregory CLEMENT (5):
net: mvneta: Optimize rx path for small frame
net: mvneta: Do not allocate buffer in rxq init with HWBM
net: mvneta: Use cacheable memory to store the rx buffer virtual address
net: mvneta: Only disable mvneta_bm for 64-bits
ARM64: dts: marvell: Add network support for Armada 3700
Marcin Wojtas (2):
net: mvneta: Convert to be 64 bits compatible
net: mvneta: Add network support for Armada 3700 SoC
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/marvell-armada-370-neta.txt | 7 +-
arch/arm64/boot/dts/marvell/armada-3720-db.dts | 23 +++++-
arch/arm64/boot/dts/marvell/armada-37xx.dtsi | 23 +++++-
drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/Kconfig | 10 +-
drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/mvneta.c | 344
5 files changed, 305 insertions(+), 102 deletions(-)