On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 17:05:55 +0200, Ivo van Doorn wrote:
> With this approach more buttons can be registered,
> it includes the optional field to report an update of the key status
> to the driver that registered it, and it supports for non-polling keys.

I think this is not specific to networking anymore, so it should go to
lkml. Please be sure to Cc: input devices maintainer, Dmitry Torokhov.

Regarding rfkill button, I talked about that with Vojtech Pavlik (Cc:ed)
and he suggests this solution:

- driver is responsible for turning on/off radio when the input device
  is not opened;
- when something opens the input device, it receives input events and
  gets responsible to turn on/off the radio (by ioctl or putting the
  network interfaces up/down).

This is of course not possible for all hardware, but it gives the most
flexibility while keeping the possibility to switch of the radio without
userspace support.

Thanks,

 Jiri

--