On Thursday 22 June 2006 05:12, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> (3) On resume() talk to userspace via netlink to read our sysfs and
> configfs us

I think that's fairly overkill. I really do not like the idea of requiring any
more userspace involvement in the suspend process than needed. At least for
ADM8211, all the data needed to restore the card properly is already stored
somewhere for userspace (iwconfig) to query, so I don't understand how this
is suppose to reduce bloat. All the data that is needed should already be
stored in the driver to support configuring the interface before taking the
interface up.

-Michael Wu