On 1/30/17 4:07 AM, Nicolas Dichtel wrote:
> Le 29/01/2017 à 19:02, David Ahern a écrit :
> [snip]
>> Data centers are moving to L3, and multipath is a big part of that. Anyone
>> who looks at ip -6 route enough knows it gets painful mentally pulling the
>> individual routes into a single one.
> I agree, but it's only an iproute2 problem. iproute2 could group routes to
> have
> a better output, there is no need to have a kernel patch for this ;-)

iproute2 is not the only rtnetlink user. The comment above uses ip show as an
example. libnl has a workaround for IPv6 to update route objects versus
replacing them - unnecessary complexity that does not need to replicated to
iproute2, Quagga/FRR or python libraries implementing rtnetlink. Really,
RTA_MULTIPATH support in notifications should have been added when multipath
support was added to the IPv6. Patch 3 is mostly a refactoring of rt6_fill_node
to fill in nexthop information. This could have been done 4+ years ago when
RTA_MULTIPATH route adds was added to the stack.