Hi all,

Sorry for answering years after the patch post, I didn't have time to
test this take2 patch before. I had a first look at it a couple of
days ago, but... you know, that was not my day.

Well, it does not work 100%, but at least it's very promising.
We are able to create a bssid and correctly send beacon frames out.
[...]

For my very own situation, that is :
- Apple Mini with a BCM 4306 (BigEndian)
- Linux/Win32 boxes with USB and PCMCIA wifi cards (mostly 802.11b usb
at the moment)

Current status is this one :
- master mode functionnal
- dhcp serving, good uptime
- no encryption, WEP or WPA of any kind tested yet
- a nice 1.2MB/s bandwidth (I'm testing with a 802.11b at client side,
and AFAIK, bcm43xx does not handle 802.11g yet, does it ?)

*BUT* a big issue : I got a per-connection hang-up at client side on
strong workloads, for both win32 and linux client side, with my usb
dongle (which is running ndiswrapper on *nux, sorry for that, I'm
ashamed of it, silly me, I know, but well... No choice, and the device
was given me free of charge so...).
Typical scenario is a ssh session on one hand and a ftp transfer on
the other. The ftp hangs, while the ssh session stays up and going.

I got no problem with the PCMCIA card (a rock-solid WG511T), on both
linux and win32.

Of course, the bcm43xx does not say anything about this (if it had
said so, I would have posted logs along with this complain), so my
conclusion would be :

Why on earth is this a per-connection issue ? where do I miss
something ? if I'm really missing packets on one connection, why is
the other one continuing to live ? I may have forgotten a subtle
detail of the TCP/IP behaviour here... Or may that be all about window
scaling and fragmentation ? I can not see anything else... I would at
least like to know what to test, as I'm a little bit confused here.
Yes, I'll try to dig around the ip window and timeout stuff by tonight...

Anyway, I would like to thank again and again Alexander and Michael
for the work done, that is really impressive. Great work !

Best regards,

F. B.