On Tue, Feb 07, 2017 at 09:58:50PM +0000, Bart Van Assche wrote:
On Tue, 2017-02-07 at 21:44 +0000, Hefty, Sean wrote:
This is Ethernet - not IP - encapsulation over a non-InfiniBand device/protocol.

That's more than clear from the cover letter. In my opinion the cover letter
should explain why it is considered useful to have such a driver upstream
and what the use cases are of encapsulating Ethernet frames inside RDMA
packets.

We believe on our HW, HFI VNIC design gives better hardware resource usage which is also scalable and hence room for better performance. Also as evident in the cover letter, it gives us better manageability by defining virtual Ethernet switches overlaid on the fabric and
use standard Ethernet support provided by Linux.

Niranjana