On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 02:18:14PM +0800, Dongpo Li wrote:
> Hi Marty,
>
> On 2017/2/15 7:59, Marty Plummer wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 09:25:38AM +0800, Dongpo Li wrote:
> Currently this driver can't support Hi3521a soc because of some new changes.
> I don't know what's your purpose to run hix5hd2 driver on Hi3521a, please ask
> the man who sells chips to you to raise your requirements.

Its not so much a matter of wanting to run the hix5hd2 driver on
hi3521a, but running the hix5hd2 ip core driver on the same/similar ip
core on hi3521a. This is fairly common in the arm world, and a number of
drivers support multiple arm socs/ip cores, some from hisilicon in fact.
For instance "hisilicon,fmc-spi-nor" supports both the hi3519 and the
hi3521a.

Also, I'm not buying chips or boards from Hisilicon. I'm just working on
some consumer electronics that happens to include a hisilicon soc and
unreleased gpl code, working to improve it.

Regards

Marty.