Yasuaki Ishimatsu <yasu.isim...@gmail.com> writes:

> The fjes driver is used only by FUJITSU servers and almost of all
> servers in the world never use it. But currently if ACPI PNP0C02
> is defined in the ACPI table, the following message is always shown:
>
>  "FUJITSU Extended Socket Network Device Driver - version 1.2
>   - Copyright (c) 2015 FUJITSU LIMITED"

Matching on PNP0C02 is fundamentally wrong. It's a way to load a device
driver on all ACPI systems.  You should not do that. I don't think it is
fair to make everyone suffer because of your inability to properly
narrow down the driver matching rules.

Could we please just delete the whole MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE() from this
driver until a proper solution is found? That way we don't need to
blacklist the driver everywhere.

Bjørn