On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 7:56 PM, Stephen Hemminger
<step...@networkplumber.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 01 May 2017 15:29:48 -0700
> Agreed time wraparound would cause problems.
> But why not use existing time_after() macro here?

I suspect this is because time_after() asserts that it is being used
on unsigned long (64 bits), and tcp_time_stamp is 32 bits.

I suppose for tcp_time_stamp comparisons we could re-use the u32 TCP
sequence macros for before() and after()? Even the comment for
before()/after() is already generic enough to apply to tcp_time_stamp:
"The next routines deal with comparing 32 bit unsigned ints and worry
about wraparound (automatic with unsigned arithmetic)." That might be
nice.

neal