Hi Arkadi, Jiri,

Jiri Pirko <j...@resnulli.us> writes:

>>It seems impossible currently to move the self to be the default, and
>>this introduces regression which you don't approve, so it seems few
>>options left:
>>
>>a) Leave two ways to add fdb, through the bridge (by using the master
>>   flag) which is introduced in this patchset, and by using the self
>>   which is the legacy way. In this way no regression will be introduced,
>>   yet, it feels confusing a bit. The benefit is that we (DSA/mlxsw)
>>   will be synced.
>>b) Leave only the self (which means removing patch no 4,5).
>
> I belive that option a) is the correct way to go. Introduction of self
> inclusion was a mistake from the very beginning. I think that we should
> just move one and correct this mistake.
>
> Vivien, any arguments against a)?

I do agree with a). Arkadi, when moving switchdev implementations inside
of DSA core, can I ask you to move the ones considered as the legacy way
into legacy.c and ideally comment it? Configuration from userspace is
still very confusing and this will remind us to get rid of it one day.

Thanks,

        Vivien