On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 3:04 AM, Vincent Bernat <vinc...@bernat.im> wrote:
>  ❦ 20 septembre 2017 16:21 -0700, Stephen Hemminger
> <step...@networkplumber.org> :
>
>> The one concern is that ports added or removed through ioctl should
>> cause same events as doing the same thing via netlink. Some users use
>> brctl (ioctl) and others use newer bridge (netlink) API.
>
> I'll make a third iteration to have the same notifications when using
> ioctl() with details in the commit message.
> --

as long as the ioctl path for bridge port removal is generating a:
RTM_DELLINK with AF_BRIDGE and
RTM_NEWLINK with AF_UNSPEC with 'master' removed

we should be good. These are the most important ones.

are there other specific bridge-events missing ?. you might want to
run `bridge monitor link` also. and un-slaving of a port also triggers
fdb events which are visible under `bridge monitor fdb`