Masahide NAKAMURA wrote:
> David Miller wrote:
>> From: Masahide NAKAMURA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 16:05:39 +0900

>>> FYI, your work will not have any conflict with the left of MIPv6 patches
>>> which I will describe later since they are almost out of XFRM.
>>
>> Great.
>>
>> I just finished the port and pushed all of that work to net-2.6.19,
>> can folks please take a look?
>>
>> I tested IPSEC as best as I could with XFRM_SUB_POLICY enabled, but I
>> have no way currently to test sub-policies or MIPV6 cases.
>
> OK, I will review it and also start my XFRM test with net-2.6.19
> as I've done with my tree.

I've found a problem about MIPv6 CN with the patch below.

commit 02b0fa84daaa70f035767c9a5a0d539667249e60
Author: David S. Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:   Thu Aug 24 04:45:07 2006 -0700

    [XFRM]: Hash policies when non-prefixed.

It seems that the policy hashing is not always used with selector protocol.
It may conflict with MIPL daemon thought.

Let me explain the detail:
MIPv6 specification says that all mobility header(MH) must be
sent without routing header type 2(RT2) / home address option,
except [*1].
To satisfy it MIPL daemon uses some bypass policies.

For CN outbound example(ip command output):

(a)MIPL daemon adds MH bypass policy when it starts to run:

src ::/0 dst ::/0 proto 135
        dir out priority 12 ptype sub

(b)After binding is accepted, it also adds route optimization
policy to send user traffic with RT2:

src 3ffe:501:ffff:100::XXXX/128 dst 3ffe:501:ffff:101::YYYY/128
        dir out priority 16 ptype sub
        tmpl src :: dst ::
                proto route2 reqid 0 mode ro
                level use

When the daemon added both policy we expected that
all MH was used (a) otherwise (b) because of priority order.
But the kernel used (b) when the daemon sent MH from
3ffe:501:ffff:100::XXXX to 3ffe:501:ffff:101::YYYY.

Note: such bypasses are also required for ICMPv6 error and
neighbor discovery.

(*1:
 Binding update(BU) can be sent with home address option
 and binding ack(BA) can be sent with RT2.)

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks,

--
Masahide NAKAMURA