On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 05:30:22PM -0700, Mohamed Abbas wrote:

> the attached patch will add support to handle these iw_handle
> SIOC[S/G]IWRATE, SIOC[S/G]IWTXPOW and SIOC[S/G]IWPOWER.  It also  added
> some changes in ieee80211_ioctl_giwrange function to report supported
> channels and rates.  a call to ieee80211_hw_config is needed to infor
> the low level driver about these changes, I guess we might need to add
> flag to indicate which parameters was changed so the low level driver
> does not need to make extra calls.

Could you please separate SIOCSIWRATE from the rest. I did not go
through the details yet, but I do not think the proposed change here
would match the the way rate control was designed in the Devicescape
stack and I would not like to see this getting in before more careful
review and explanation of how this is expected to work. The way I see
rate settings working is that the control would be applied to the rate
control algorithm and not to the list of rates itself.