On 15. des. 2017 21:06, Florian Fainelli wrote:
On December 15, 2017 6:51:45 AM PST, Egil Hjelmeland
<pri...@egil-hjelmeland.no> wrote:
Hi
I found that our lan9303 board is unable to receive network data unless

CONFIG_NET_DSA_LEGACY is set. Is that a problem with the driver, or our

Any advise would be appreciated.

Your DTS appears sane and using the new binding. Is the switch driver
successfully probing and it is just packet transmission/reception that is non
functional?
Hi Egil,

Hi Florian

I found that the problem is that !CONFIG_NET_DSA_LEGACY version of dsa_legacy_register() return -ENODEV;

That makes dsa_init_module() drop out before "dev_add_pack(&dsa_pack_type)", and we don't get any handler for ETH_P_XDSA.

Changed dsa_legacy_register to return 0, and it works.

Egil