On 18-01-16 04:46 PM, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 12:20:19 -0500, Alexander Aring wrote:

[..]

Ugh, this is going to conflict with our series too :(  (and I CCed you
on ours)

Would it be OK for you to hold off until Jiri's code gets merged and
ours comes down via bpf-next?  That shouldn't take long at all.  The
conflicts between bpf/bpf-next/net-next are really taking their toll
on us this release cycles, I would really appreciate if we could make
some progress on this relatively simple series at least...

I would say precedence should be Jiri's patches, Alex's patches
and then yours:
Alex's patches fix the core (cls_api.c) area with proper extack
for the core and then he has one patch to cover a specific
use case of the u32 classifier extack. Yours is only concerned
with one use case - bpf which depend on the core (that is in Alex's
patches)

cheers,
jamal