On 9/2/06, Paul Aviles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am getting "e1000: eth0: e1000_clean_tx_irq: Detected Tx Unit Hang"  using
stock 2.6.17.11, 2.6.17.5 or 2.6.17.4 kernels on centos 4.3.

 The server is a Tyan GS12 ( 82541GI/PI and 82547GI) and is connected to a
Netgear GS724T Gig  switch. I can easily reproduce the problem by trying to
do a large ftp transfer to the server. It does not happen if the server is
connected to a dummy 100 Mb switch, only when is connected to the Gig
switch.
I have also tried the options line below disabling tso, tx and rx in the
modprobe.conf without any luck.

Hi Paul, sorry to hear about your problem.  You're getting hangs on
the 82547 right?  can you send the output of cat /proc/interrupts.
I'm curious if you are sharing interrupts while running NAPI.

Also, please try the driver without CONFIG_E1000_NAPI enabled in your
kernel .config, and let us know the results.

Someone has posted (what they think is) a theoretical problem with
irq_sem on the 82547 at e1000.sf.net and I haven't had a chance to
figure it out yet.

Jesse

--