On Tue, 6 Feb 2018 14:15:09 +0100
Florian Westphal <f...@strlen.de> wrote:

> Steffen Klassert <steffen.klass...@secunet.com> wrote:
> > I gave the patch a quick try, but still I get this:
> >
> > unregister_netdevice: waiting for dummy1 to become free. Usage
> > count = 2
>
> Was that with Eyals setup or the bridge one I posted?
>
> If it was Eyals setup, its possible the patch missed hookup
> to whatever tunnel infra is used (the setup I used has ipip tunnel,
> everything is ipv4).

Thanks!

Indeed the setup I'm testing uses ip6_tunnel.
I have tested a fix in the spirit of the patch and it looks valid
for ip6_tunnel as well.

It looks though that this change would need to be added to any tunnel
device using dst_cache (vxlan, geneve, gre, ...).

> Also, perhaps it would be best to not bother with checking the
> device in question at all and unconditionally put device reference
> of all the dst_caches.  With setups that have e.g. 1k devices going
> down per second (ppp dialin and the like) doing the full search for
> every notify event would be rather expensive.

I'm wondering - non-xfrm dsts are already correctly invalidated,
so do you think it makes sense to invalidate caches for devices that
have no xfrm dsts? or maybe I didn't understand the suggestion?

Eyal.