On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 11:35 AM, Oleksandr Natalenko
<oleksa...@natalenko.name> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On úterý 20. února 2018 19:57:42 CET Eric Dumazet wrote:
>> Actually timer drifts are not horrible (at least on my lab hosts)
>>
>> But BBR has a pessimistic way to sense the burst size, as it is tied to
>> TSO/GSO being there.
>>
>> Following patch helps a lot.
>
> Not really, at least if applied to v4.15.4. Still getting 2 Gbps less between
> VMs if using BBR instead of Reno.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

I am not trying to compare BBR and Reno on a lossless link.

Reno is running as fast as possible and will win when bufferbloat is
not an issue.

If bufferbloat is not an issue, simply use Reno and be happy ;)

My patch helps BBR only, I thought it was obvious ;)