On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 18:04:17 +0530, Rahul Lakkireddy wrote:
> Our requirement is to analyze the state of firmware/hardware at the
> time of kernel panic.

I was wondering about this since you posted the patch and I can't come
up with any specific scenario where kernel crash would correlate
clearly with device state in non-trivial way.

Perhaps there is something about cxgb4 HW/FW that makes this useful.
Could you explain?  Could you give a real life example of a bug?
Is it related to the TOE-looking TLS offload Atul is posting?

Is the panic you're targeting here real or manually triggered from user
space to get a full dump of kernel and FW?

That's me trying to guess what you're doing.. :)