On 2018-02-21 04:38, Daniele Palmas wrote:
Hello,

in rmnet kernel documentation I read:

"This driver can be used to register onto any physical network device in IP mode. Physical transports include USB, HSIC, PCIe and IP accelerator."

Does this mean that it can be used in association with the qmi_wwan driver?

If yes, can someone give me an hint on the steps to follow?

If not, does anyone know if it is possible to modify qmi_wwan in order
to take advantage of the features provided by the rmnet driver?

In this case hint on the changes for modifying qmi_wwan are welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Daniele

Hi

I havent used qmi_wwan so the following comment is based on code inspection. qmimux_register_device() is creating qmimux devices with usb net device as real_dev. The Multiplexing and aggregation header (qmimux_hdr) is stripped off
in qmimux_rx_fixup() and the packet is passed on to stack.

You could instead create rmnet devices with the usb netdevice as real dev. The packets from the usb net driver can be queued to network stack directly as rmnet driver will setup a RX handler. rmnet driver will process the packets
further and then queue to network stack.

a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project