On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 11:58:22 +0100, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:
> We also have a large range of TCAM based hardware offload outthere
> that will _not_ work with your BPF HW offload infrastructure. What
> this bpf infrastructure pushes into the kernel is just a blob
> expressing things in a very low-level instruction-set: trying to find
> a mapping of that to typical HW intermediate representations in the
> TCAM based HW offload world will be simply crazy.

I'm not sure where the TCAM talk is coming from.  Think much smaller -
cellular modems/phone SoCs, 32bit ARM/MIPS router box CPUs.  The
information the verifier is gathering will be crucial for optimizing
those.  Please don't discount the value of being able to use
heterogeneous processing units by the networking stack.