On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 8:08 PM, Andrew Lunn <and...@lunn.ch> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 01:51:27PM +0100, Linus Walleij wrote:
>> This kills off the platform data support from the bitbanged
>> GPIO-based MDIO driver and moves it over to using GPIO
>> descriptors exclusively.
>
> Hi Linus
>
> I like where this ends up. I wounder about the path it takes to get
> there. There seems to be quite a lot of code which gets moved around
> and then in the end deleted. Maybe changing the order of the patches
> would help. Converting to devm_gpiod_get_index() first would remove
> all the active_low flags. Then remove all the unused reset callback,
> irq, etc?

It's mainly a matter of which order we want bisects to end up...

I was thinking to order the patches from least-likely to cause
regressions to most-likely to cause regressions so that it is
later possible to revert the more likely regression cause without
getting into conflict with the rest.

Yours,
Linus Walleij