From: Tonghao Zhang <xiangxia.m....@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 21:01:52 +0800

>> The amount of new conditional tests in these fast paths are not
>> justified for this new counter which is of debatable usefullness.
> sorry, too late for reply. Did you mean this counter will affect performance ?
> I tested the patch witch netperf.

A single flow TCP session with no loss doesn't tell us much.

I just know from how these things go that under load, and with
all kinds of different flows with different characterstics,
every conditional test in the fast paths matter.

If you want to have a chance at your change getting accepted,
running all kinds of benchmarks won't do it.

Instead, please find a way to make your feature work without all of
the newly added tests (whilst not adding another cost at the same
time).

Thank you.