On Friday 08 September 2006 12:50 pm, Venkat Yekkirala wrote:
> UPCOMING WORK:
>
> The following per the discussion at:
>   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=selinux&m=115755980516072&w=2
>
> - Create IPSec SAs to be acquired with the creating sock's context as
> opposed to that of the matching SPD rule, resulting in a simpler SPD as
> well as policy. - Set peer_sid on tcp sockets to the reconciled secmark so
> trusted applications can retrieve and service the data at the appropriate
> context.

Considering the discussions that have taken place on the SELinux list I think
doing the work to set the peer_sid value on TCP sockets is an important part
of the secid work and should be included in this patchset.  I don't believe
it would be that difficult, and it would make some of the code much
cleaner/simpler I think.

--
paul moore
linux security @ hp