On Friday 08 September 2006 12:50 pm, Venkat Yekkirala wrote:
> This defines SELinux enforcement of the 2 new LSM hooks.

{snip}

> +static int selinux_skb_policy_check(struct sk_buff *skb, unsigned short
> family) +{
> +     u32 xfrm_sid, trans_sid;
> +     int err;
> +
> +     if (selinux_compat_net)
> +             return 1;
> +
> +     err = selinux_xfrm_decode_session(skb, &xfrm_sid, 0);
> +     BUG_ON(err);

First, any reason against including the "struct sock *" in the LSM hook?  At a
quick glance it looks like it is available at each place
security_skb_policy_check() is invoked?  If there are no objections I would
like to see it included in the hook.

Second, I wonder if it would be better to do a NetLabel/CIPSO query here using
the xfrm_sid as the NetLabel "base_sid" instead of at the end of the function
(see your comment)?  This way we wouldn't have to duplicate the
avc_has_perm() and security_transition_sid() calls for both xfrm and
NetLabel.  It just seems to be more inline with the whole secid
reconciliation concept.

I don't feel too strongly either way, I just thought it was worth exploring -
thoughts?

--
paul moore
linux security @ hp