Williams, Mitch A wrote:
+       { "rx_broadcast", E1000_STAT(stats.bprc) },
+       { "tx_broadcast", E1000_STAT(stats.bptc) },
+       { "rx_multicast", E1000_STAT(stats.mprc) },
+       { "tx_multicast", E1000_STAT(stats.mptc) },
        { "rx_errors", E1000_STAT(net_stats.rx_errors) },
        { "tx_errors", E1000_STAT(net_stats.tx_errors) },
        { "tx_dropped", E1000_STAT(net_stats.tx_dropped) },
NAK -- you also need to remove the standard net stats, which are exported elsewhere

Jeff, can you please explain the reason for this NAK a little more?
Neither Auke nor I understand why you rejected the patch.

This patch just adds the display of a few more stats in Ethtool.  It
doesn't affect any other counters, and is really just a convenience
feature.  I added this to the driver because of a customer request.

Adding those stats is fine. You guys just need to remove the existing mess first.

        Jeff