On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 12:54:42PM +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:
> Jarek Poplawski wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 12:15:43PM +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:
> >
> >>We should fix the physdev dependencies since this is what is causing
> >>problems.

> >> config NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_PHYSDEV
> >>    tristate '"physdev" match support'
> >>-   depends on NETFILTER_XTABLES && BRIDGE_NETFILTER
> >>+   depends on NETFILTER_XTABLES && BRIDGE && BRIDGE_NETFILTER
> >

> > Sure! But someone may ask what for BRIDGE_NETFILTER depends
> > on BRIDGE if you should repeat this?
>
> Simply because it really depends on BRIDGE. The reason why we need
> BRIDGE as dependency here also is because BRIDGE_NETFILTER is a
> boolean, but may still result in a module because of special
> logic in the bridge makefile.

Anyway this special logic is also something misleading:

a) BRIDGE_NETFILTER=y and BRIDGE_NETFILTER depends on BRIDGE
sugest something which depends on BRIDGE is compiled into
kernel, which is usually impossible if BRIDGE=m

b) let's assume a) is right; shouldn't this dependency be
automatically added to _PHYSDEV etc.? I mean config script
behavior - not bridge makefile.

Thanks for explanation - my best regards,

Jarek P.