On 2018-03-31 09:05, Joe Perches wrote:
> There are many local static and non-static arrays that are used for
> Ethernet broadcast address output or comparison.
>
> Centralize the array into a single separate file and remove the local
> arrays.
I suspect that for many targets and configurations, the local arrays
might actually be smaller than exporting a global. You have to factor in
not just the .text size, but the fact that referencing an exported
symbol needs a .reloc entry as well, which also eats up some space (at
least when the code is being built as module).

In my opinion, your series probably causes more bloat in common
configurations instead of reducing it.

You're also touching several places that could easily use
eth_broadcast_addr and eth_zero_addr. I think making those changes would
be more productive than what you did in this series.

- Felix