On Thu, 2018-04-05 at 11:23 -0400, Lucas Bates wrote:
> Hi Davide,
>
> Our overnight tc test runs of net-next revealed a kernel bug on one of
> the BPF tests you submitted, d959.  The add action completes
> successfully, but the bug occurs on the verify when tdc does a get of
> the action that was just added.  Here's the text of the dump:

looking at the call trace, I think cfg->filter is NULL when
tcf_bpf_cleanup() is called, and apparently we are in the error path of
tcf_bpf_init(), when

        prog->bpf_ops = cfg.bpf_ops;
        rcu_assign_pointer(prog->filter, cfg.filter);

have not been executed yet.

If tcf_idr_release() is called in this situation, cfg->is_ebpf is assigned
to true, and bpf_prog_put() can dereference a NULL pointer.

I will try reproducing in the next hours, and eventually followup with a
patch.

thanks!
regards,
--