On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 04:14:26PM +0300, Nikolay Aleksandrov wrote:
> We want to avoid sysfs in general, all of networking config and stats
> are moving to netlink. It is better controlled and structured for such
> changes, also provides nice interfaces for automatic  type checks etc.

Aha, didn't know that. Thanks! :)

> Also (but a minor reason) there is no tree/entity in sysfs for the vlans
> where to add this. It will either have to be a file which does some
> format string hack (like us currently) or will need to add new tree for
> them which I'd really like to avoid for the bridge.

Yup, I did some ugly sysfs patches to read queriers per VLAN like that, just
for some basic feedback.  Really awful, although easy to debug because of it
being a simple file ... (I guess I'll have to make friends withe Netlink.)

> [..]
> Also after my vlan rhastable change, we have per-vlan context even today
> (e.g. per-vlan stats use it) so we'll just extend that.

Interesting, this I'll have to look at in more detail!