From: Chris Novakovic <ch...@chrisn.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 21:58:22 +0100

>  - Patch #7 allows for NTP servers to be configured (manually on the
>    kernel command line or automatically via DHCP), enabling systems with
>    an NFS root filesystem to synchronise their clock before mounting
>    their root filesystem.

I think a plain file named /proc/net/ntp is quite confusing.  It doesn't
give any indication that it's a special file populated only by ipconfig
and not some general NTP thing the kernel is doing.

I would suggest creating a subdirectory like /proc/net/ipconfig or similar
to put such files.  Then the use and meaning is clear.

Also, as noted please remove patch 8 updating CREDITS, this really isn't
done any more.