We are seeing the following error on multiple different systems while
cloning net-next tree.

  $ git clone https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next.git
  Cloning into 'net-next'...
  remote: Counting objects: 6017287, done.
  fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly 1.00 GiB | 8.13 MiB/s
  fatal: early EOF
  fatal: index-pack failed

It looks like the size of the data being fetched reached server side
limit of 1.00 GiB. So we probably need change server side configuration.
Could someone please look into it?

If you see same problem. Here is a work-around for it:
  1. clone a smaller tree, for example net.git;
  2. add net-next as a new remote, and fetch it.

Thanks,
Song