On 23/05/18 07:01 PM, Cong Wang wrote:
On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 12:33 PM, Fu, Qiaobin <qiaob...@bu.edu> wrote:

Hmm, but skbedit seems better than skbmod for this job,
given:

1) It already modifies skb->priority, although with a given value

2) skbmod doesn't change skb metadata, it only changes payload

I am _not_ saying there is strict rule for what skbmod can or can't
change, it calls itself "data modifier", so I am saying we probably
need to follow this existing practice.

I am indifferent - you can move it to skbedit.
Note: I have patches which i will send out at some point when
I get the chance on pedit for implementing the concept of
"copy data to metadata" and  "copy metadata to data"
for pedit it made a lot of sense to add the feature there.
In this case skbedit makes more sense.

cheers,
jamal