Hello!

On 7/8/2018 2:58 AM, David Miller wrote:

    So you applied the whole series to net.git... that was somewhat
    unexpected, at least by me. Care to share your reasoning?

It's fixes a sleep in atomic which is a serious bug.

Do you realize that only patches 0, 1, 8, and 9 were real fixes, others were just follow-up cleanups? (Although the wording of the cover letter could have made people think that the whole series is the fixes...) OK, I understand what's done is done and it's not me that would have to justify the cleanups in a middle of the 4.18-rc's. But still, it was not a pleasant surprise (and I told Vladimir he shouldn't mix the real fixes and
cleanups in reply to his cover letter, IIRC).

MBR, Sergei