On Monday, October 16, 2006 9:02 AM, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:

> I wrote something like this a couple of years ago:
>
>       http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-netdev&m=103666165629419&w=2
>       http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-netdev&m=106089519611631&w=2
>
> There wasn't a whole lot of external interest, and my need for it
> disappeared, so I never really finished it, and there's a couple of
> unfixed bugs,

Lennert's patch does nearly exactly the way how I tried to do it earlier by
myself and after porting the patch to kernel 2.6.15.4 and 2.6.11.12, which I
am currently using, it works great.

The only change I've made is that I don't want to send the SYN-ACK only with
the first write() on the socket, because in my application the requesting
client is also the one who starts sending data. So I introduced an ioctl()
which simply runs tcp_confirm() to send the SYN-ACK.

So...
Thanks a lot to everyone who gave me hints and tips to solve my problem.

Martin