On Fri, Sep 07, 2018 at 08:13:56AM -0400, Jamal Hadi Salim wrote:
> >     } else {
> >                  bool last;
> >
> >                  err = tfilter_del_notify(net, skb, n, tp, block,
> >                                           q, parent, fh, false, &last,
> >                                           extack);
> > How can we ever get there with NULL fh?
> >

> Try:
> tc filter delete dev $P parent ffff: protocol ip prio 10 u32
> tcm handle is 0, so will hit that code path.

Huh?  It will hit tcf_proto_destroy() (and thus u32_destroy()), but where will
it hit u32_delete()?  Sure, we have fh == NULL there; what happens next is
                if (t->tcm_handle == 0) {
                        tcf_chain_tp_remove(chain, &chain_info, tp);
                        tfilter_notify(net, skb, n, tp, block, q, parent, fh,
                                       RTM_DELTFILTER, false);
                        tcf_proto_destroy(tp, extack);
and that's it.  IDGI...  Direct experiment shows that on e.g.
tc qdisc add dev eth0 ingress
tc filter add dev eth0 parent ffff: protocol ip prio 10 u32 match ip protocol 1
0xff
tc filter delete dev eth0 parent ffff: protocol ip prio 10 u32
we get u32_destroy() called, with u32_destroy_hnode() called by it,
but no u32_delete() is called at all, let alone with ht == NULL...