On 2018-09-09 10:15 a.m., Al Viro wrote:

[..]

Umm...  Interesting - TCA_U32_SEL is not the only thing that
gets ignored there; TCA_U32_MARK gets the same treatment.
And then there's a lovely question what to do with n->pf -
it's an array of n->sel.nkeys counters, and apparently we
want (at least in common cases) to avoid resetting those.

*If* we declare that ->nkeys mismatch means failure, it's
all relatively easy to implement.  Alternatively, we could
declare that selector change means resetting the stats.
Preferences?

I am now conflicted. I have sample scripts which showed
that at one point that worked. All of them seem to be
indicating the nkeys and stats never changed. So that
could be a starting point; however, if a policy changes
the match tuples then it is no longer the same rule imo.

Note: you can change the "actions" - of which the most
primitive is "set classid x:y" without changing what is
being matched. i.e changing the classid in that example
would work.

cheers,
jamal