On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 02:03:53PM +0300, Leon Romanovsky wrote:
> From: Leon Romanovsky <leo...@mellanox.com>
>
> From Yishai,
>
> This series comes to enable the DEVX functionality in some wider scope,
> specifically,
> - It enables using kernel objects that were created by the verbs
>   API in the DEVX flow.
> - It enables white list commands without DEVX user context.
> - It enables the IB link layer under CAP_NET_RAW capabilities.
> - It exposes the PRM handles for RAW QP (i.e. TIRN, TISN, RQN, SQN)
>   to be used later on directly by the DEVX interface.
>
> In General,
> Each object that is created/destroyed/modified via verbs will be stamped
> with a UID based on its user context. This is already done for DEVX objects
> commands.
>
> This will enable the firmware to enforce the usage of kernel objects
> from the DEVX flow by validating that the same UID is used and the resources
> are
> really related to the same user.
>
> For example in case a CQ was created with verbs it will be stamped with
> UID and once will be pointed by a DEVX create QP command the firmware will
> validate that the input CQN really belongs to the UID which issues the create
> QP
> command.
>
> As of the above, all the PRM objects (except of the public ones which
> are managed by the kernel e.g. FLOW, etc.) will have a UID upon their
> create/modify/destroy commands. The detection of UMEM / physical
> addressed in the relevant commands will be done by firmware according to a
> 'umem
> valid bit' as the UID may be used in both cases.
>
> The series also enables white list commands which don't require a
> specific DEVX context, instead of this a device UID is used so that
> the firmware will mask un-privileged functionality. The IB link layer
> is also enabled once CAP_NET_RAW permission exists.
>
> To enable using the RAW QP underlay objects (e.g. TIRN, RQN, etc.) later
> on by DEVX commands the UHW output for this case was extended to return this
> data when a DEVX context is used.
>
> Thanks
>
> Leon Romanovsky (1):
>   net/mlx5: Update mlx5_ifc with DEVX UID bits
>
> Yishai Hadas (24):
>   net/mlx5: Set uid as part of CQ commands
>   net/mlx5: Set uid as part of QP commands
>   net/mlx5: Set uid as part of RQ commands
>   net/mlx5: Set uid as part of SQ commands
>   net/mlx5: Set uid as part of SRQ commands
>   net/mlx5: Set uid as part of DCT commands

Hi Doug and Jason,

Do you want me to resend 7 patches above in one series and other patches
in another series just to be below 15 patches limit? Please be aware
that those patches above are going to mlx5-next and not to
net-next/rdma-next.

No rebase, no code change, no much meaning too, but it is your call.

Thanks