Stephen J. Bevan wrote:

> However, in the above you note that MPPE is being used.  I take this
> to mean that all the PPP traffic between the PPPoE client and PPPoE
> server is encrypted.  However, if that's the case then I don't
> understand why there is a need to use ccrypt for the wireless link
> between the two Linux boxes.  Thus perhaps I misunderstood where MPPE
> is being used?  Or perhaps you meant this is only one example and in
> other scenarios MPPE is not used and so in that case the wireless
> traffic does need encrypting?

For example because MPPE is optional and some sessions may be encrypted and
some not. As I mentioned, we cannot influence the ISP in topic.

More generally, I wanted to present an example of a layer-2 encapsulation
that Linux does not know or (as in this case) can't modify the data in it,
thus it cannot fix the TCP MSS value.

--
Pawel Foremski
[EMAIL PROTECTED]