On 10/23/06, Johannes Berg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 18:41 -0400, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:

> The current setup on d80211.h makes regulatory domains device
> specific. I believe this should be changed to be stack-specific --
> that is, all drivers adhere to the restrictions set by the stack's
> current regulatory domain.

There should be a way to have a certain device restrict that even
further, if the driver wants to allow operation only in a domain that
the device has been certified for (because it may malfunction otherwise,
for example).

Sure good idea -- we can provide a device specific regulatory domain
if necessary. We can easily introduce a device_regdomains linked list
on the ieee80211_conf which if not empty the driver will use it, else
the stack regdomain is used. The ieee80211_regdomains module already
provides the interfaces for the manipulation of such list. Pretty easy
fix, fortunately.

I'll probably have more comments later, really tired now though.

Great, thanks.

 Luis