On 2018-10-13 11:23 a.m., Davide Caratti wrote:
On Fri, 2018-10-12 at 13:57 -0700, Cong Wang wrote:
Why not just validate the fallback action in each action init()?
For example, checking tcfg_paction in tcf_gact_init().

I don't see the need of making it generic.

hello Cong, once again thanks for looking at this.

what you say is doable, and I evaluated doing it before proposing this
patch.

But I felt unconfortable, because I needed to pass struct tcf_proto *tp in
tcf_gact_init() to initialize a->goto_chain with the chain_idx encoded in
the fallback action. So, I would have changed all the init() functions in
all TC actions, just to fix two of them.

A (legal?) trick  is to let tcf_action store the fallback action when it
contains a 'goto chain' command, I just posted a proposal for gact. If you
think it's ok, I will test and post the same for act_police.

Need some more thought. So the issue here is the goto chain failed
the configured chain doesnt exist?

cheers,
jamal