* John Heffner | 2006-10-26 13:29:26 [-0400]:

>My reservation in doing this would be that as an administrator, I may
>want to choose exactly what congestion control is available any any
>given time.  The different congestion control algorithms are not
>necessarily fair to each other.

ACK, completely right. A user without CAP_NET_ADMIN MUST NOT changed the
algorithm.  We know that there are some unfairness out there. And maybe some
time ago someone introduce a satellite-algorithm which is per definition
completely unfair to vanilla tcp.
We should guard this with a CAP_NET_ADMIN capability so that built-in modules
also shouldn't be enabled.

HGN

--
Signed and/or encrypted mails preferd. Key-Id = 0x98350C22
Fingerprint = 490F 557B 6C48 6D7E 5706  2EA2 4A22 8D45 9835 0C22