Hi Cong,

> 1. Create veth pair devices by its own. The most important thing for
> tc-tests is to automate everything, it is not friendly for users to
> create their own veth pair named v0p0 to just run the tests. tc-tests
> should be able to create a veth pair with random names and clean up
> them once it is finished.
You can actually do this automatically in two steps: first, create a
symlink to plugin-lib/nsPlugin.py in the plugins/ directory. Then,
when running tdc, always invoke the '-n' option.  This will execute
all the commands inside a namespace *and* automatically create the
veth pair that get used in the testing.

It's referenced in the readme, but if you think it's useful to make it
a default setup I could add an installation/setup script to tdc to
create the symlink.

> 2. Test iproute2 version or capability. Apparently my iproute2 doesn't
> support tc filter chain yet, this makes many tests failed. Ideally,
> each test should be able to check if the iproute2 supports the thing
> it wants to test, if not just skip it, at least by default.

So is this a version you compile yourself, or is it just the default
/sbin/tc?  Because you can specify the tc executable you want to use
in tdc_config.py...  But yes, we're looking at ways to make sure the
support is there before running tests.  We're hoping to send some patches soon.

> 3. Is there anything in the tests that can be done only with Python3?
> If we could lower the requirement to Python2, then it would be easier
> to setup and run these tests.

I'd have to go back and re-check to see what python 3-specific
features I'm using, but there *are* some.

Do you maybe have the ability to run a VM or Docker container on your
system to run python 3?

Thanks!