On 2018/10/28 上午7:42, Jianfeng Tan wrote:

On 10/8/2018 11:14 AM, Jason Wang wrote:

On 2018年09月29日 23:41, Jianfeng Tan wrote:
When we use raw socket as the vhost backend, a packet from virito with
gso offloading information, cannot be sent out in later validaton at
xmit path, as we did not set correct skb->protocol which is further used
for looking up the gso function.

Hi:

May I ask the reason for using raw socket for vhost? It was not a common setup with little care in the past few years. And it was slow since it lacks some recent improvements. Can it be replaced with e.g macvtap?

Hi Jason,

Apologize for late response. We are in container environment, in which case veth is used mostly. Either tap or macvtap cannot be put into an isolated netns.

I think it can? See 17af2bce88d31e65ed73d638bb752d2e13c66ced.

Another thing could be macvlan as the backend of vhost, which is not supported either. So unfortunately, improving raw socket is the only choice I suppose.

Btw, you can setup macvtap on top of veth. Does this help?

Thanks

Thanks,
Jianfeng